Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Recent Projects

I haven't posted any of my projects recently so I thought I might post some of the latest ones. I started a project to make some ceder patio furniture last year. Avery and I started putting it together in November. With two kids, projects take a bit longer than they once did. It was getting really nice out so I was motivated to finish them. They came together nicely and are great for the impromptu dinners on the deck.

I made two of these benches.



When you flip the backs forward it makes a table. If you push them together you get a picnic table.



Avery was the first to test it out. He said they are "fun and comfy".



I agree.

I was also able to sneak a little surprise project in for Brandee. One thing you need in Georgia is a humidity gauge.



I found the gauge at an estate sale. It looks like it is from the 80's but I thought the padauk wood might dress it up a bit. The padauk turned out beautiful but working with it was no fun. It turned me red from head to toe. After sanding it my nose blew red for a week.

1 comment:

Tony! said...

Thats probably the nicest looking picnic table in the world.