Saturday, May 03, 2008

Tub fun

Here are two ideas I found from other blogs for inexpensive tub fun. Avery enjoyed both activities and they can both be recreated night after night. The first one is a recipe for homemade paint for the tub.

1 T cornstarch (I used more)
1/3 cup dish detergent (you may want to use something that won’t make your children break out if they decide to paint their bodies. I used an eco friendly brand)
Food coloring

Mix it all together and continue to add cornstarch until desired consistency. Seperate into smaller containers or ice cube trays and mix food coloring in.



For the other activity, you take different toys and freeze them in a container and then let your child watch as the water melts and the toys break free. It's a great lesson on ice melting. The first time I did this, I just froze all of the objects together. This works but melts way too fast. The second time, I froze different layers of toys in different stages and used food coloring in some of the layers.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

What great ideas! I'll have to try! Is it dishwasher detergent or handwash dishsoap?

Team Davis said...

I used dishsoap. Target sells a milder, earth friendly kind. Have fun!