Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Many Firsts

Being a mom gives one many "firsts". There are so many moments in my life with Avery that I find myself smiling from ear to ear. There were two sweet moments this week that I would like to share. The first one is....

the first flowers Avery picked for me. He came running up and handed them to me and said, "Here you go, flowers." If you are looking for the flower, it's a dandelion and it hasn't opened up yet.

During the second sweet moment this week, Avery and I were driving home from playgroup and I had the Christian station on the radio like I often do. One part of the song kept repeating a few words. All of the sudden I hear a sweet voice from the back seat singing, "fly to Jesus." It was such a sweet moment and it brought tears to my eyes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooh, how sweet!!!! that made ME get teary just reading it!!!! :)

so, any news yet??? let us know how we can help!!

happy mothers day!
-kel

The Goodfellas said...

that is SO precious. both stories. i would have tears in my eyes too.
happy mother's day! :)

Anonymous said...

Brandee, Avery is the little lamb and Jesus was smiling as he sang that song. It gave me goose bumps and hope. All my love, Aunt Debbie