Tuesday, May 03, 2011

One funny boy and an expressive girl

Avery often says, "I'm a funny boy." Lately he's gotten a lot of laughs out of all of us. On Scott's birthday I asked Avery if he wanted to make Scott a birthday card. He said yes, so during quiet time I gave him all of the supplies. He was quiet for a long time and I thought that meant he was making the card. He came out about 30 minutes later and started climbing up the door frame. He was doing a great job, he really scrambled up to the ceiling quickly. I was thinking, "Wow, rock climbing has really helped him learn to climb better. When he jumped down and headed to his room I noticed a trail of footprints. I asked him what that was and he said he needed to get more glue so he could be spider man again. I followed him into his room just in time to see him covering his hands and feet with a glue stick. Yes, that was the glue stick he was supposed to be using to make a card. He decided that it would be the perfect prop to make him into spider man. It really did work, he stuck to the door frames!

Once we cleaned up the glue, I sent him back in to continue working on the card. Fifteen minutes later he came out of the room again but this time his entire face was painted with black water color. When I asked what was going on, he looked at me with one of the most disappointed looks. He said, "How did you know it was me? I was trying to hide from you. " In the end, he never really made a card for Scott. He ended up cutting his crayon box up and gluing it into a pile on construction paper. Knowing how much Avery LOVES crafts, this card fits him perfectly.



The other day I found this in Alia's room. Avery taped up all the wheels because he said he didn't want her to be able to catch him when he was on his police car.


This face makes me laugh! She's always spot on with her expressions. This one says, "Why are you taking my picture AGAIN, Mom?" The other day she was telling a story at the table in her own way and Avery interrupted her. She said, "Avery! I was talking first!"Alia and I have a great time sitting and laughing with each other. You know, the girl laugh that goes on and on, makes your stomach hurt and tears fall? I love this girl!

2 comments:

bama cindy said...

I know exactly how you feel.

The Goodfellas said...

<3 !!
what fantastic kids. :)