Next I went to the utensil drawer. We only had one wooden spoon in our kitchen and it was used many times every day. I have always wanted to make my own utensils so I found some unique wood to experiment with. I realized that making several was as easy as making one so I made a bunch which spurred several gifts which is why I haven't posted this earlier.
The wood in these pics is either Bocote or Black Walnut. The Black Walnut is pretty but the Bocote polishes up and finishes much better. We have been using all of these for the past couple of months and am happy to say that they are practical, useful, and pretty. I don't think I'm going to go into business doing this anytime soon because I would have to pay myself about $0.10/hr to compete with any store.
4 comments:
Thats too bad because I would buy em! You always make such beautiful things!!
I agree! I'd pay you at least $0.50/hour :)
Then the spoon would only cost you $100.
those are beautiful!!!!
-kel
Post a Comment