What would you do if these firefighters showed up at your house to fight a fire? Alia was so cute when we started to play dress-up. She caught on right away when we were running around fighting fires. She was the one that brought me the hat to put on her head so she could join in.
This has become one of their favorite spots. It's way too hot here to even consider a bath so this is how we use our tub in the summer.
Avery started "summer school" a few weeks ago. We do school in the basement while Alia is taking her nap. My goal is to get him to learn his letters by the end of summer. That's easier said than done since he would rather do anything else. To make it fun I hide letter pictures around the house for him to find. He then finishes a story that highlights that days letter. This is his favorite part since he can make everything get eaten or squashed. After the hard academic stuff we play a fun letter game. I don't know where it started but we assign an action to each letter. If he says the letter and touches it that action happens. So it works like this. If he does "F" I freeze. "A" and I fall down, "B" and I get up. "C" sprays me with fire, "D" ice, this goes on and on, weird, I know but it works.
For school we find the pictures for each letter, trace the letter, glue the pictures, write a letter story, and write his name. I know I spelled crocs wrong in the story but I couldn't remember how to spell it at the time and Alia was letting me know on the monitor that nap was over.
They needed to get some energy out so I made a hopscotch on the floor with tape.
We went golfing for the first time with the Mom's Club. It was a lot of fun, but way too hot!
Avery loved it and was able to hit the ball a long ways.
We've been doing a lot of baking even though it's too hot out. We made about 120 cookies this last weekend to send off to the dads/grandpa for father's day.
4 comments:
In the hopscotch picture, does Avery have both of his legs in one leg hole?
Excellent use of comic sans on that tree. Teaching young kids is one of the few times it is acceptable to use that font.
a. you are a dork for knowing it was comic sans just by looking at a picture
b. comic sans rocks with kids
c. good to see you 2 this weekend. you are a wimp.
ha! it looks like he does have both legs in one hole. it's hard to say these days since he dresses himself.
Post a Comment