Friday, March 16, 2007

Stanley's Adventures

Now that Stanley is done with his adventures, I thought I would share them with you all. He has been very busy and has become quite the traveler. His most exciting adventure was in Okinawa, Japan. Thanks to my friend Annetta and her sister-in law- he had a "whirlwind tour". If you see Gaven, keep Stanley's adventures a secret. He will find out next week.

Visting the Sun Prairie Police Station

Posing next to one of the Cows on the CowParade

Jimmy the Groundhog

Community paintings to honor Georgia O'Keefe

Off to UW-Madison to study finance

The Capitol


Security guards at the capitol


Shuri Castle in Okinawa, Japan


In front of the famous red "Torii" or gate outside of the castle


Stanley loved the dragon columns!

Posing inside the castle with a tour guide- she is wearing
traditional Okinawan garb.

The "Tatami" room or room with woven
mats for a floor

In front of the Ryukyu King's throne


Out to eat at a Japanese restaurant- using chopsticks!

Posing at a grocery store in front of a goya which is a
bitter food from the gourd family. It is shaped like
a cucumber.

Posing with squid

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe all the places stanley has been. that's aweseome!

Team Davis said...

yeah, i would have liked to go to Japan. what are you doing up so early on a saturday?

Anonymous said...

i just love getting up early. didn't you know that about me? actually i had to work otherwise i would have been in bed until at least 10.

annetta said...

Yay! I am so glad that Stan had a good trip!

Anonymous said...

Brandee, Your so funny! I'll be laughing about Stanley for a long time. Your so cute and Gaven is going to be tickled. Your inner beauty is as wonderful as your outer beauty.
I love you! Aunt Debbie