Friday, February 23, 2007

Not our Mother's cloth diapers!

Well, I finally did it, I switched to cloth. I had been debating cloth before Avery was born and I finally made the leap. For one, cloth saves a lot of money over the time Avery is in diapers. Second, the impact the diapers make on the environment is awful. For this alone, I was willing to give cloth a try. Just for your information: 18-23 billion diapers went into landfills last year in America alone. Those diapers take 500 years to decompose! Because of those two factors, I decided I should make the switch. I can say I am quite pleased! I found this company that makes a pocket diaper called Fuzzi Bunz. It is an all in one diaper that has snaps and is so easy to use. The laundry isn't even that big of a deal. Every other day I throw his diapers into a rinse cycle and then I wash them. A bleach pail for soaking isn't even needed anymore! Thanks for reading this post. If you know anyone considering cloth- pass this along.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm impressed... i'll have to keep this in mind for the future. :)

Lesley & Wes said...

How's it going so far??? Are you happy with the Fuzzi Bunz? I'm so glad that you guys made the switch. I LOVE cloth! I just found out that I got my sister-in-law to convert to cloth. It's the only way to go!!!

Tony! said...

Way to save the planet, one poo at a time!
I'm proud.