This weekend we braved a long car ride with Avery and headed to Duluth to see Laura for her birthday and hang out with friends. I was nervous about the car ride because Avery usually has a hard time in the car at night. We decided to pack up and leave at his bedtime to see if he would sleep the whole way and he did! I can't say I like driving five hours that late at night, but to have a peaceful baby in the car is all worth it. We really enjoyed seeing family and friends in Duluth. We had a great game night at the Bums and the girls won! The boys even had to cheat to keep up with our brains and they still lost. Who cares if we don't know how much a ton is? We have great friends in Duluth and we miss them! Saturday was spent with the Davis Family- always a great time. We enjoyed a small walk in the woods which was nice because most of the trails around Madison aren't woods but fields. The drive home also went well, but we didn't get a very nice welcome upon returning home. Our furnace must have gone out on Friday sometime and the temperature in the house was 42 degrees! Our plants and ferrets weren't very happy. But don't worry, a guy came out at 2 am to fix the problem. He simply took a piece of sandpaper and scraped carbon off a piece of metal. That's the most we've ever had to pay for a piece of sandpaper! Oh, well at least I am typing this in a warm house while Avery sleeps peacefully.

Battle of the Sexes Game- Girls rule!

Playing with Sophia and Caleb

Jenny

Laura holding her favorite card from Scott and I

Our Walk
1 comment:
Wish I were there!
Post a Comment