Monday, October 19, 2015

Birthday Adventures!


 Another amazing birthday cake to go down in the books.  Scott found this recipe in a chocolate cook book we bought at an estate sale.  The cake was similar to a reine de saba because it was more fudge like than cake like.  The center was a combination of white chocolate and cream.  

 Nice picture- I said,"Let's take a picture of the cake before we eat it."  Apparently that meant let's eat the cake now because they both tried to stick their fingers in it.  

 On Saturday we drove to the Mt Baker Snoqualmie National Forest to hike Granite mountain.  We hiked 3,800 feet over four miles to get to the peak of Granite mountain.  It was rated difficult which we didn't realize until we got home.  In total it took us around 3.5 hours to climb to the top and then 2 hours to hike back down.  It was an 8 mile round trip hike.  We wondered why so many adults we saw on the trail kept commenting on how strong our kids were.  One lady even stopped and said, "Wow, you rarely see kids on this trail."  Avery and Alia did an amazing job.  I guess this is the trail most people hike to train for Rainer.  

 Once we made it closer to the top the views were amazing!

 Time to refuel.

 I love how intense Venus's face is here, she just wants Avery's snack.


Maia is really a mountain goat.  She loves climbing trees!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cake looked delicious. It looked like you had a beautiful birthday adventure. I love all the pis, but I think Venus wanting Averys snack and Mia climbing the tree are my favorites:-)