Daddy and Alia painting the playhouse door. Avery picked the color to match our front door.
She painted her hair.
Building with blocks. Meet Avery's moose family
and Alia's friend Remy.
Over Christmas we ordered from this company. They accidentally sent us a Hugglepod. When we contacted them, they told us to keep it! Avery loves sitting in it.
For Christmas I got Scott a container of nuts still in their shells. Avery and Alia loved smashing them open with hammers and rocks. They made a great team because Avery didn't like the nuts but Alia did so he would crack them open for her and she would eat them. I didn't have to worry about the shells because Maia and Venus were the clean up crew. After they went through most of the Christmas nuts Scott and Avery went pecan hunting. They found a pecan tree close to home and threw a ball in the tree to knock down the pecans. Avery said he should have worn a hard hat because they kept hitting him on the head. They gathered a coffee can full of them and Alia loves eating them!
Scott is training for the tough mudder in February.
I found this experiment on pinterest the other day and wanted to try it out. It was an awesome science experiment about liquids, density and chemical reactions. Here Scott is explaining how the experiment works. Alia looks so attentive here.
You mix oil, water, and food coloring and then add Alka-Seltzer tablets. It's cool to see how the water bubbles rise.
The end of a spoon. Mom and I have been hiding this blue spoon on each other since Avery was 3 months old. Avery was playing with it at our friend, Nick's wedding and we accidentally left the reception with it in his car-seat. We happened to visit my Mom when we discovered the spoon and she said, "Don't leave that here!" Of course I left it in her pillowcase. That started what would become a five year battle to see who would end up with the spoon. Each time we would see each other the spoon would end up in a new spot. It's been in detergent, a cake, flowers, a make-up case, a suitcase, a game, a light, a cereal box, on a Christmas tree, on the baby spoon package (shown in the picture)...... the list could go on forever. The game has to end now because the spoon was accidentally thrown out. I taped it to the back of my mom's calendar thinking she would easily see it when she took it down, but she didn't and it got thrown out. At least Mom ended up with the spoon last and I won the five year game! Look out Mom, you never know what new game awaits us for 2012!
1 comment:
I Loved the pictures. Thanks for the spoon story.It was a lot of fun hiding it for the last five years!
Post a Comment