Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

This was the first year in our ten years of marriage that we've spent Christmas at home. It was wonderful to wake up on Christmas morning and celebrate with the kids. Avery woke up at 4:30 and then every hour after that. We told him he couldn't open gifts until Alia woke up. He was so excited he was running laps in our bedroom. While he waited for her he put all of his presents in a pile. Alia was taking too long to wake up, so I had to go in at 8 am and get her. When she saw me she asked if Santa was still at our house.


Even though Avery was so excited to open his own gifts, he sat down with Alia and helped her open her first gift.


Avery's Samurai castle had a secret surprise. Someone at Target put a couple of train cars in the door of the castle.


A few weeks before Christmas Avery and Alia spent an afternoon "making" us gifts. Avery asked that we open them early and I quickly agreed since I was beginning to lose a few things around the house.


Surprise! Avery and Alia's learning clock.


Alia 2 years 10 months
Avery 5 years 5 months






Singing Happy Birthday Jesus! It was a fun celebration!

1 comment:

Bama Cindy said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas at home.The kids look so happy.I love the family picture.Love you all!