Thursday, March 31, 2011

Garfield is that you?

It's 1:30 am and I feel a little tap tap on my back. I slowly roll over to Avery standing sheepishly holding all of his bears and his blanket. I creak out a "what's wrong" and Avery exclaims "There is a lasagna monster in my bedroom and he is very scary and he knows my name and I'm really scared." Now we have had our share of monsters recently but the lasagna monster is new. The most recent monster "thumper" pales in comparison to the lasagna monster.

I tried to console him and convince him that the lasagna monster was just his imagination and no more scary than thumper but he responded with "he is really big and is going to shoot me in the eye." (which I had to agree is scarier than thumper - a pretend rabbit that sits in the corner thumping the wall and waking him up.)

After an hour I finally coaxed him back to bed.



The next day he wanted to recreate the lasagna monster. The tall structure was the monster, the longer flat one was a noodle and the little one off to the side is Avery. He said the lasagna monster is trying to eat him and really is scary.

1 comment:

laura said...

This is terrifying yet hilarious all at the same time.