Sunday, May 30, 2010

Seriously Amazing!!

This weekend my sister came to visit and we watched Julie & Julia. Anyone that likes cooking would enjoy this movie. It really made us hungry and we decided then and there that we were making a dessert. We googled Julia Child's favorite dessert and found a recipe for Reine De Saba (Chocolate Almond Cake). We weren't that excited about it because it seemed very plain and almost picked something more spectacular sounding. In the end we decided to make it because it was quick and easy and we wanted to try "Julia's favorite". Wow!! I'm so glad we did. I can't quite explain the explosion of taste that hit my tongue when I sampled the first bite. It was soft and moist and dissolved on my tongue. The taste was exquisite! It was like a Willy Wonka experience. First you taste chocolate, amazing chocolate, then it slowly melds into dark chocolate mixed with almonds. If it stopped there it would be the best cake I ever had but it doesn't. By now the cake is dissolving like chocolatey cotton candy and the almond flavor slowly opens up and then disappears into chocolatey creamy rum. This was the first cake that I ate slowly, morsel by morsel, savoring every bite. All I have to say is this was good and everyone should make it. Seriously, try it and you will never look at a regular cake the same again.

2 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

You have piqued my interest. I dont think I would've been that excited about it either, but after your rave reviews, I'm going to try it. You sound like a food writer!!

Team Davis said...

Yay! You'll have to let me know what you think.