Sunday, October 11, 2009
Muscadines and Scuppernongs
We have been making our own jam for years, but this year we ran into a problem. Moving from MN to GA in June really threw off our jam schedule. Nothing was even ripe when we left and almost everything we usually pick was already done down here. I say almost because to our rescue came the muscadine and scuppernong. Yeah, that's what I said too, a what? Ok so here is the cliff notes on muscadines and scuppernongs. A scuppernong is a type of muscadine which is a type of grape. It can get confusing around here because most everyone knows what they are but use another name. Here's a few examples of what I mean, "suscadine" "scuplin" "suppeydine" "scuppeydime" "big bubble" "big tough grape". Ok, I added the last one hoping it sticks because I can't remember scuppernong. Anyway they have been picked, processed and made into jam. I'll have to give an update after we test it out.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment