it's a wet wipe. He twisted it to look like a dog. When I took the picture he said, "I can't smile because I have a crazy dog with a tail." As for the house, we made an offer on one. I'll keep you posted.
Monday, March 30, 2009
They should get an award for patience
I have to take a moment to brag. My children are soooooo patient. I had no idea they would be so good this last week. We had to fly down to Georgia to find a home on Wednesday. For two days we looked at well over 25 homes. Now normally with a 2 year old and a 8 week old, this would be a huge feat but Avery and Alia were amazing. Avery enjoyed seeing each home and Alia either slept through most of it or sat quietly. If that isn't enough, they were even patient at the airport when we spent well over five hours looking for a flight. We fly stand-by and all flights home on Sunday were full. We couldn't get on any flight on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday because they were all booked. Since we had to be home on Monday that left one option- drive 17+ hours with them. I really thought we were pushing our luck, but once again they both surprised us and did amazing! We left the airport yesterday at 3 pm and drove through the night and made it home by 9:00 am today. Ahh, the joys of flying stand-by. Avery is great at entertaining himself and I'm always impressed with the creative games he comes up with. It's great not needing toys. This is what he played with for an hour....

it's a wet wipe. He twisted it to look like a dog. When I took the picture he said, "I can't smile because I have a crazy dog with a tail." As for the house, we made an offer on one. I'll keep you posted.
it's a wet wipe. He twisted it to look like a dog. When I took the picture he said, "I can't smile because I have a crazy dog with a tail." As for the house, we made an offer on one. I'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear you guys made it back alright.
Isn't it wonderful when kids are brilliant travelers!!! I hope you get the house you like!
Post a Comment