Saturday, February 07, 2009

Piece of Cake

Well I'm sure the spike in hits to our blog has nothing to do with anything besides the expectation that we will be having a baby soon. Yes that's a weird sentence and yes I'm very tired. So here's the condensed version. I brought Brandee to the hospital at around 5:00 am. They got her admitted by 5:30 and at 6:00 am the nurse came in and checked on her. Brandee was calm and cool like always so the nurses were pretty relaxed. At 6:30 Brandee told the nurse that she was ready to push and the nurse was a little shocked but checked and agreed. We waited for the Dr. as they got everything ready. Brandee pushed once and I passed out. (ok get your laughing in now) She pushed a second time and I woke up, By the time I got to my feet she pushed a third time and the baby was out. Quick and easy.

Alia Sydney Davis
7 lbs 3 oz
19.5 long
born 7:02 am 2/7/09





9 comments:

Lesley & Wes said...

Congratulations guys! Yes, I'm part of the spike in blog hits! Brandee, next time I have a baby, I want some birthing lessons from you! I'm so happy for you guys and your new little girl. They're so much fun (I'm sure boys are as well, but I'm not an expert with them, so they seem a little more foreign)! Enjoy the freshness of your brand new baby!

annetta said...

Congratulations!!! So last night I was watching TV and told Barn about the crazy dream I had about you guys. That you called in the middle of the night looking for help with Avery. Then it dawned on me that it wasn't a dream. I wanted to call but it was 11 at night. I am so glad it went so well! I hope (Scott) that you get some sleep and that you didn't hurt yourself on the way down after that first push!

J and B said...

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing about you passing out. But, HOORAY for a quick delivery and a beautiful baby girl!!! SO happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you home????? can we stop and meet beautiful alia? i'm so sorry that i was out of town-- i'm glad annetta could help!! that is hilarious that you passed out, scott!!!! anyway, i'm thrilled that everything went so well! see you soon!!!!!!!
-kel

Hauser Family said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! Way to go Brandee on the cool, calm and collected and three pushes. WOW!! Scott, I don't know what to say buddy, hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly and I'm wondering did you do that when Avery was born too ?? :) Congrats she's adorable. Hope Avery likes his little sister :)

Jenny said...

Congratulations you guys! That's so awesome...and sounds really similar to my experience with Caleb...except Ben didn't pass out but he did just barely make it in time!! We can't wait to meet her. Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

congratulations you guys! Shes absolutely beautiful. What an awesome birthday presant. I'm so happy that everything went so good! I think exercising really pays off. I can't wait to meet my new granddaughter and see you all again. Tell Avery that Bama loves him too, and give them both a big hug and kiss. Love Bama

The Casey Family said...

Congrats! What a beautiful baby girl! Girls are wonderful! I'm sure Avery is being a great little helper. Hope all is well. :)

Unknown said...

Just think, every year on her birthday, Scott gets to relive the story of passing out :)

Congrats to the Davis family!