Wednesday, January 28, 2009

When it's too cold out to play in the snow....

make your own edible snowballs! Every once in awhile I check out this blog looking for a story and an activity. Today Avery and I read The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats and made our own snowballs. I followed the same recipe from Just for Fun but we added melted peanut butter and chocolate to the mix. Here is the recipe:

2/3 cup butter or margarine-softened
1/2 cup sugar
1T. water
3T. cocoa
1/2 t. vanilla
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Mix the butter and sugar together. Add the water, cocoa, and vanilla. mix well. Add rolled oats, mix well. If you want to add the melted peanut butter and chocolate chips, so that here. Roll about 1 tsp. of the mix in your hands to form a ball. Roll in powdered sugar.

The flattened pile was Avery's attempt at making a ball.

2 comments:

Lesley & Wes said...

Looks tastier than a real snowball. You should post one more belly picture before the belly disappears. It won't be long!!! I'm excited for you guys and can't wait to see photos and hear the name!

Lesley & Wes said...

Looks tastier than a real snowball. You should post one more belly picture before the belly disappears. It won't be long!!! I'm excited for you guys and can't wait to see photos and hear the name!