Now that Avery is talking more and more he's been entertaining us with his thoughts. I thought I would share a few of his humorous moments.
Because we're in full swing potty training we seem to spend a lot of time in the bathroom no matter where we are. Avery seems to have fun commentary with each trip to the public restroom.
One of those times he happened to be in a public restroom with me. We walked in and of course he thought he should comment on the smell since there was a lady in the stall adding to the already great smell in the bathroom. Our conversation went something like this:
A: Smell it mama.
B: Yes, Avery we're in a bathroom.
A: Smell, giraffe.
B: No, there aren't any giraffe in here.
A: See, giraffe. Avery wants to see the giraffe!
By this point I'm really trying to hold the laugh in so I don't embarrass the lady next to us, who apparently smelled like a giraffe to Avery.
Another time Scott and Avery were in the bathroom. He loves going in with Scott so he can use the urinal. On this particular trip, he quickly noticed something was missing from it and yelled out, "No cake there!" I guess this urinal had no urinal cake in it.
The last one happened at dinner last night. We were saying grace before the meal and I stopped and said, "What are you thankful for, Avery?" He said, "thanks for elephants........... and hugs." Both of which are very important to a little boy!
4 comments:
elephants and hugs
that is so cute :)
Out of the mouths of babes, eh? Too cute! And I'm thankful for hugs too. :o)
Too cute! Maddy's new thing is looking under stalls at the other ladies. I just tell them she can't tell me what she sees...yet!
Giraffes? They are one stinky animal. Poor woman.
Post a Comment