Tuesday, September 23, 2025

He's ready!

 We dropped Avery off at Oregon State University last week.  The whole process was easy and they were organized well on campus with carts and easy to follow instructions.  We loaded up his bags and hit the elevators.  Remembering my move in and stair climb I expected to do the same but was presently surprised we got to use elevators.  The goodbye was easier than I thought it would be because it's hard to be sad when I was so excited for him.  It's a great school and he's ready for it since he's already finished his associates degree with running start in high school.  This should be a fast few years as he already has 114/180 credits and is considered a junior.  I'm excited to see where life takes him.















We met Avery's roommate and took him to dinner with us.  I think they will get along well.  OSU has a match program where each person answers questions and they match you based on those answers.  














OSU had a lot of activities for the freshman to get out and meet each other.  Avery sent this picture of the dance they had with bubbles.  From his smile, I would say he was having fun. His roommate is on the left and his friend from Vashon is in the middle. 










Scott, Alia and I explored more of Corvallis over the weekend.  We found a nice hike called Bald Hill.  The weather was sunny and blue the whole weekend. 
There is a nice overlook at the top.











We brought the RV again and stayed at the county campground which is close to town.  It was only $30 a night instead of $450 like some of the hotels.  The RV really has been a great purchase these last 5 years.  
















We did another escape room at Escape Corvallis.  This time we escaped from Jail break.  They do a nice job with their story lines and puzzles and the price is great!  







No comments: