Friday, February 07, 2020

Happy 11th Birthday Alia


 
 She asked for macarons this year for her birthday.  It was fun learning all of the tricks to make them turn out.  The biggest issue we had was using duck eggs instead of chicken eggs.  Once I found out the exact measurements in grams the recipe turned out.  



 Avery took a design, imagine and create class this year.  He made this creature for Alia during his sewing class.  

 She loves slime


Alia wanted to do an escape room for her birthday.  We tried a new one out  in Tacoma called Enigma.  The room we were in was called The Cure and our goal was to find the doctor and the cure to a deadly virus that was spreading.  This room had a lot of puzzles to solve and some really cool, unexpected things happened with electromagnets. We escaped in 57 minutes and made it on the leader board.

 On the way home we found a good Taco truck.



Alia and Banana age 11

She wanted to take a picture in front of the entertainment center to see her growth from last year.  This center now sits in my bedroom.


Yearly Questions:

1.  Favorite color:  blue or turquoise
2.  Favorite toy:  stuffed animals and slime
3.  Favorite game:  pictionary or cranium for a board game and Roblox for a computer game
4.  Favorite animal:  sloth
5.  Favorite book:  The Candymakers
6.  Favorite thing to do outside: capture the flag and make forts
7.  Favorite holiday:  April Fools
8.  When I grow up I want to work with animals.
9.  Favorite subject:  writing
10.  Least favorite subject:  math
11.  If you could buy anything in the world, what would you chose?  A house with secret passages.
12.  What do you like most about yourself:  I am funny.
13.  Biggest accomplishment:  I am improving in math.
14.  What do you want to do next year:  Explore new areas.
15.  Favorite thing to do:  draw
16.  I like to collect:  trinkets
17. Favorite family tradition:  Going on trips and to Wisconsin.
18.  Favorite memory this year:  Playing guitar hero and mom singing.

No comments: