Friday, May 22, 2015

They are growing up!

 She lost her first tooth!  It actually fell out during snack time in her peach while she was at school.  When I got there to help in the classroom she ran up to me and told me she lost her tooth.  When I asked her teacher about it, Alia didn't even tell her she had just lost it!  Ms Selland thought she lost it on the weekend.  When I asked her where it was, she said, "It's still in my peach in my snack container."  

 Yay!  She was very excited for the tooth fairy to visit.

She left special instructions for the tooth fairy.  Her note says, "Please leave tooth."  She really wanted something left under her pillow but didn't want to lose her tooth.

 We had another crazy hair day, this time it was at school.  Avery has spiky, glitter green hair with bugs in it.  I glued the bugs on barrettes and put them in his hair. 


 Alia has 2 birds, one on each side.  I just made buns, added feathers, pipe cleaners and eyes.  The eyes are attached with a bobby pin.

 The glitter was added by mixing glitter with hair gel.  It worked really well and washed out fine.

Avery was studying Native Americans in school and was able to learn about basket weaving.  He really enjoyed this activity and took the opportunity to teach Alia how to weave as well.

Alia is reading.



No comments: