My kids favorite book is easily Wacky Wednesday by Dr Seuss. They have always loved the funny antics and never tire of trying to find the things wrong with each page. This year I decided to re-create our own Wacky Wednsday since April Fools fell on a Wednesday. Last night Scott and I went around the house changing things around.
In the dining room we put the lampshade upside down, hung the picture upside down, flipped the bench and tied Avery and Alia's chairs together.
In the living room we dressed the rocking chair and lamp.
The fridge needed some googly eyes.
I wet a toilet paper roll to look like someone missed the toilet. In the dark it looked real, so much so that Janna thought one of the kids missed the toilet and had an accident.
Scott and I even wore backwards clothes.
Avery discovered the chairs tied together.
Instead of freezing his entire bowl of cereal we put cereal pieces in an ice-cube tray and poured milk on them that way the cereal looked okay until he came to a milk cube.
These were the tricks we played in the morning but you can be sure the game ensued all day long! The kids were great this year, thinking of pranks and getting us. Avery put packing tape across my door at ankle height and I tripped over it. Alia put plastic yellow bugs in Avery and Scott's corn bread. It was definitely a fun day and we are already secretly thinking of better ways to get each other next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment