Monday, June 24, 2013

Wisconsin day trip!

This weekend my Mom's side of the family had a picnic to remember Aunt Pat who passed away in April.  She was Grandpa Dave's sister.   My Aunt Debbie and Grandpa North decided to drive to Wisconsin to be there.  I have not seen either of them in at least 5 years and I really wanted to be able to give them both a hug.  We checked flights and discovered we were only going to be able to be there for 3 hours so we flew into Madison WI in the morning, drove to Prairie du Chien and spent 3 hours at the park.  It was a fast trip, but I would do it all over again!  Their faces when we showed up to surprise them were priceless. 


 I was so excited to be able to spend time with my cousins Spencer, Caleb and Andrew.


 Avery and Alia with Papa and Bama and Great Grandpa Dave and Great Grandma Joyce North.

 Grandpa Dave with Mom, Aunt Debbie and his sisters Aunt Mary and Aunt Edi and nephew Larry

Cassie some how managed to escape being photographed.  This is the only one I got of her.

 
The kids had a lot of fun because they spent the day at the park.  I thought it was funny that they flew 1,800 miles to play in a park for the day! 

1 comment:

Bama said...

You made the day even more special being there. Even if you could stay for three hours.You really made us all so happy. I think Papa, Cassie, dad and Debbie were in shock when they saw you. I kept saying I wished you and your family and Amanda and her family could be there. It was hard saying that and keeping a straight face.