Saturday, June 04, 2011

Len Foote Hike Inn

You may remember this post from last year. Well, we decided to take the trip again. This time around Avery walked the whole time which was 5 miles and Alia walked about 1 1/2 miles. She wanted to walk more but for time reasons, I had to carry her. When she was walking we walked about 1 mile an hour and when it was just Avery walking we walked 2.3 miles an hour. The trail was a hilly, rocky trail. We conquered 2600 feet of vertical elevation in a total of 4 hours. We had an awesome time once again just being together.






We needed a few distractions along the way. The children and I would run ahead of Scott and he would come find us.


Scott took this picture because each time he would come looking for us, this is what he would see. She didn't quite figure out she was supposed to hide.



She was hilarious as usual and I will post the video later but this picture is of her hiding her fingers. I would ask to hold her hand because she kept tripping over everything and she would hide her hands and say, "Can't find my fingers." Then she would run.


Twizzlers are the perfect distraction! He was being a walrus.


She took her afternoon nap on my back.


Avery found this moth outside our room on the first morning. It stayed on the railing most of the day. After dinner Alia was running up and down the deck. At one point she must have leaned into the moth because he found a new home.


It was funny because Avery was standing next to me looking for the moth and no one knew it was on Alia. Her face is priceless because a moment later she started crying!




I have to bring a water bottle whenever we go somewhere so I can tame her crazy curls. It ended up being a fun toy.


She's laughing because she sprayed Daddy!


These two had so much fun in the game room. This was during Alia's nap and from what Scott says they were wrestling for a chess piece here. Avery managed to win and Scott ended up with a big scratch on the side of his face.


Once again, we all enjoyed the concert put on by the boys.


We played lots and lots of games. I love his face here!

It was really exciting going back again. Avery remembered every detail from last year and was twice as excited to be back again this year. He said it was his favorite place ever and I agree. With Alia being bigger it was even more fun. We are already planning on going back next year. This time both kids will be walking. Yay for us.

No comments: