Monday, June 29, 2009

Like Mother Like Daughter

While unpacking I found a dress that once belonged to me. I wore this dress when I was Alia's age. Mom says the day wasn't so picture perfect because I wouldn't cooperate for the cameraman. Everyone tried and tried to get me to smile. I finally did after I threw up all over myself. The stain is still on the dress and visible in my baby picture. Now fast forward to this week. I was excited when I found the dress and decided to try it on Alia. I tried in vain to get her to smile and had similar results. Alia also threw up on the dress, adding to my stain. I hope she will get to pass the tradition down to her daughter someday....



2 comments:

The Casey Family said...

Oh Brandee, that is so sweet! My mom saved a few of my dresses--so I put them on Maddy, too. I'm sure your mom enjoyed seeing it as much as mine did!

bama cindy said...

Seeing Alia in your dress really brought back so many wonderful memories.I love how much the stories about picture day are so much alike. I know in my heart that my Granddaughter will turn out just as special as her Mother!