Sunday, January 20, 2013

Give Thanks

A little over a year ago I read the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  In the book Ann challenges the reader to keep a list of all of the things he/she is thankful for each day.  It's a chance to change our focus from the things we constantly want, to the blessings we already have in our lives.  I really enjoyed the book and began making my own list.  It really did open my eyes to all of the blessings around me big and small that I often over looked or took for granted.  I enjoyed making the list so much that I wanted it to be a daily extension of my life and my family's.  It's a great mind set to have because it's hard to complain when you see your list of constant blessings.  I had Scott make me a chalkboard and the list has begun!  It's been amazing to already see the transformation in the house. 


 I love watching them stand side by side and write and draw what they are thankful for!  I am thankful they are able to stand side by side without fighting : )

 
 Here is the list:
Alia
gum
bunnies
watermellon
pineapple
Avery
A mommy cat and a baby cat
fire

Avery
sun
Alia
clowd (cloud)
ples ofsr (police officer)
wind
dog
wotr (water)
gras (grass)
zoo
ligting (lightning)
nija (ninjas)

No comments: