Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday Avery

Saturday was Avery's birthday and as is tradition with all birthday's Avery rules his day.  We basically allow him to do anything that he wants.  He started out by deciding that he wanted to play video games.  Video games lasted until about 10:00 am when his stomach took over and he decided that it was time for breakfast.  We eat fairly healthy and never have sugary cereal in the house.  Avery decided that he wanted fruit loops and juice for breakfast.

His next request, pajamas all day.  His favorite thing is to be lazy and stay in his pajamas all day so he was excited to be able to not have to get dressed.  Then I was shocked.  What did he decide to do?

Clean!  Yes, clean.  He put a cloth under the bottom of his car and drove around the house collecting dust.  Alia jumped right in with the vacuum.

He followed this up with ................more video games.  The games were temporarily paused for a quick lunch but he jumped right back into the video games.

We were able to get him to stop long enough to take another picture with his banana.


Comparing to last year.


The rest of the afternoon pretty much consisted of him playing playing with Alia and his toys.  His request for dinner was homemade pizza.  He wanted to make his own so we made individual pizzas.


His pizza was cheese, spinach, kalamata olive, basil, tomato, and one pepperoni.

We had asked him what type of cake he wanted this year and he said that he wanted a ninja cake with red fire.  I had planned a grand flaming ninja cake, but it turned out to be an ordinary ninja cake.  I didn't want to have to call the fire department so I toned down the fire part of the cake.  I did add 6 candles as ninja fire shooters, which Avery loved.


This years cake was a cross between a reine de saba and chocolate stout cake.  It was three layers filled with chocolate fudge.  Just a little ninja cake can really kick your butt.  It was delicious and fun.

Each year we ask Avery and Alia the same set of questions and keep them in a book.  Here are some of Avery's questions and answers

What are your favorite foods - Plums, watermellon, and cantaloupe
When I grow up I want to be a - Ninja because they are fast, sneaky, and fight
What do you like most about yourself? - That I am fast, sneaky, strong, and I can fight (ninja anyone)
I like to collect - Rocks and bugs
My favorite thing to do outside is - Check the food in our garden
What is your favorite thing to do - Play with my family

After dinner we took a walk to burn off all that sugar and since it had just rained, let the kids play in the puddles.  Overall it was a very low key day and that was exactly what Avery had hoped for.  Happy 6th birthday Avery, we love you.

1 comment:

bama said...

What a fun day! I loved the ninja cake and by the look on Averys face he did too.Hugs and kisses from Bama:-)